CEA-LETI Si-220 Passive Photonics platform
CEA-Leti’s Silicon photonics platform allows miniaturization, power efficiency, cost reduction and scalability of photonic integrated circuits (PIC).
Pioneering silicon photonics for more than 15 years, CEA-Leti has designed a technology toolbox featuring state-of-the-art performance for communication, computing and optical sensing.
CEA-Leti’s Silicon photonics platform offers a broad range of processes on 300 mm wafers that leverage world-class pre-industrialization equipment. CEA-Leti’s fabrication platform enables large-scale integration of passive and active devices in a flexible CMOS compatible process.
- 300 mm high uniformity SOI substrate with 220 nm Si
- Metal heater
- One-level metal interconnect
- Deep trench for edge coupler
- Open 3D Post-processes: UBM, Bumps & µ-Bumps
Device library including:
- 1D & 2D grating couplers
- Waveguides (strip, rib, deep rib) with or without heater
- Bend waveguides (90°, 45°, s-)
- Transitions (singlemode to multimode)
- Directional couplers (50%, 90%, 98%)
- MMI (1×2, 2×2)
- Racetrack resonator
- Communication: Telecom, Datacom, 5G infrastructures, quantum cryptography for cybersecurity
- Computing: Computer communication for High Performance Computing (HPC), quantum computing and neuromorphic computing for AI
- Optical sensing: Gas sensing, structural health monitoring and 3D sensing such as LIDAR
FRONTEND BACKEND TOOLS:
Cadence IC 6.1.7 (DK version 2019.4 – Mar.-20)
Eldo (Mentor Graphics)
Calibre (Mentor Graphics)