CEA-LETI Ultra-Low Loss LPCVD SiN Photonics platform
CEA-Leti’s Ultra-Low Loss SiN photonics platform is based on a high quality LPCVD Si3N4 layer. This platform is serving energy-efficient nonlinear photonics and quantum optics. This technology shows very high cross-wafer device performance uniformities, low thermal susceptibility, and high power damage thresholds.
This platform enables the fabrication and testing of high-confinement, ultralow-loss silicon nitride waveguides and resonators showing average attenuation coefficients as low as ∼3 dB/m across the S-, C-, and L bands for 1.6-µm-width × 800-nm-height dimensions, with intrinsic quality factors approaching ∼107 in the C band.
- 800nm High Quality LPCVD Si3N4
- 200nm standard smallest feature size
- Deep trench for edge coupler
- Communication: ground and space communication, quantum cryptography for cybersecurity
- Computing: quantum computing
- Optical sensing: biosensing, biomicroscopy and 3D sensing such as LIDAR
FRONTEND BACKEND TOOLS:
Cadence IC 6.1.7 (DK version 2019.4 – Mar.-20)
Eldo (Mentor Graphics)
Calibre (Mentor Graphics)
Will come soon